Monday, November 3, 2008

The Man Crush!

The other night Becky and I were watching Ghost Hunters and Josh Gates was hosting the live Halloween episode. I kept saying how cool of a job that he has since he gets to host this episode every year and he also has his own show called Destination Truth. I think that he is hilarious and he seems like an awesome guy. She encouraged me to do a man crush post on my blog since I have so many. I have included a few below that are top of mind. Take a close look because you may have some of the same.


Bronco Mendenhall is at the top. He is one of the best coaches in college football right now and the best coach for BYU. His drive and determination is what makes him a great coach and I think that it is great that he can be such a great coach at BYU without the 5 star recruits. He has a great way of coaching that gets the very best from his players. He has taken the program back to the days of glory and that means a lot to the fans (like me) who have been living BYU football all their lives. The last thing is his dedication to the church, he has to get his players to play they way they do without practicing on Sunday and by living by the honor code. He quotes scripture to the team and media. What better man would you want for a roll model, really?



Josh Gates has to be one of the coolest guys on the planet. He hosts a show called Destination Truth where he looks for weird creatures all over the world. I will have to thank my mom for my like of the paranormal and weird creatures. On his show he is always funny and having a good time. He is so passionate about hunting down these creatures and that is what makes his show so fun to watch. In case you didn't notice he is holding a mold of a yeti footprint which he found last season. Just ask my buddy Art about me and bigfoot, some day we are going on a trip to hunt for bigfoot trust me.


Jack Black is probably on every guys "man crush" list. Think about it he is not that great looking, hes fat, and all he does is goof off all the time. Whats not to like? The guy is hilarious and crazy. One of the first movies I ever saw him in was Airborne, a rollerblading movie where a kid moves from California and is the outcast in a small northern town. Jack Black plays hockey and is kind of a nerd but he is funny in it. My favorite Jack Black movie though is Orange County. I love it when he is trying to explain to the cop how the fire got started.
Bryan Kehl was a linebacker at BYU and was drafted by the Giants last year. At BYU he was one of the best linebackers that we have ever had. He was quick and really football smart. On top of that he is one of the nicest guys ever. He is currently keeping a rookie blog for the Giants and in that he talks about why he plays football and that a reason is that he is so blessed and he wants to bless other. What a great guy and a great role model.


George Stephanopoulos has always been so cool. This one might not be so obvious but if you have seen him standing up you will noticed that he only stands about 5'6" or so. I have always thought that he was so smooth and sharp. What a great guy with a great job.



Dennis Pitta makes my list because he has been so dominate this year as BYU's tight end. He is doing such a great job and is so physical. The guy is a great football player and seems to be a great guy.
David Bowie really started this whole list. When I was younger I saw the movie Labyrinth which he was in. I thought that movie was awesome but as I got older I found out that before that movie he was actually a rock star. Since that time I have thought that he was the coolest guy around. He is amazing and I am sure that I don't have to tell you that he is Hot! Don't be worried I love my wife and don't have any "tendencies" but you have to agree that he is good looking with a great voice.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has got to have one of the funnest jobs ever. His job should be on every mans list of things to do. Who doesn't want to get into a car and do 180 miles an hour? Man that is awesome and being the offspring of one of the best NASCAR racers ever he has got to be the closest thing to royalty in America.

2 comments:

SL&G said...

Thats a pretty big list.....I'm a little worried. Hehehe

The VIPs said...

I would be threatened, but I'm way better looking than David Bowie : )